New York Butcher Shoppe & Grille Kacey shares Eddie’s passion for the high-quality of Certified Angus Beef, which he reminds us is a brand of exclusively rated beef, not to be confused with the species of Angus cattle. Naturally, when asked to suggest some recipes for the home chef, Kacey turned to his menu for a blend of unique and hearty dishes. Here’s one of those dishes.
- 2 Egg yolks, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup sugar – in a stainless steel bowl, beat together until white.
- 3 Cups heavy cream – bring to a simmer in a sauce pan
- Place 2 crème brûlée dishes on a sheet pan.
- Mix the simmering cream in the bowl with eggs and pour the hot mix into each dish.
- Place the sheet pan in a 300 degree oven and fill the bottom of the pan with water.
- Cook 30 minutes, remove and allow to cool completely
3 Berry Topping
- 1 Tbsp each – Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries
- Place in a small sauce pan with 1 Tsp of sugar and zest from 1/2 an orange.
- Cook for 15 minutes until soft.
- Let cool and pour on top of one of the crème brûlée dishes (see above).
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Zest of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime
- 1/2 Tsp Cream of tartar
- Mix all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon mixture on top of one of the crème brûlée dishes (see above).
- Broil in oven until top is brown.